Monday, January 4, 2010

Beautiful Americans by Lucky Silag


What happens in Paris...

Secrets--
PJ's deep blue eyes and angelic long blond hair conceal a truth that's anything but. Will her dark past stay where it belongs in the backwoods of Vermont, or haunt her in the city of light?

Passion--
Always the good girl, Olivia plans to twirl her way to the top of the Parisian ballet scene. But that's not supposed to include dancing on a table all night...or stumbling into the arms of the wrong boy.

Lies--
With his emo-trendy bedhead, hilarious comebacks and Southern drawl, Zack could win over anyone. Too bad he's after the only one who's forbidden...

Scandal--
All Alex wants from Paris is to nab that berry-red Dior coat and seduce the perfect penny-loafer-wearing boy - and Alex always gets what she wants. But will her scheming pay off? Or is she risking more than she knows...?

Alex, Olivia, Zack and PJ are spending a year at the prestigious Lycée de Monceau in the sparkling city of Paris. This is their chance to sip cafe au lait in Le Marais, throw secret parties in their host families' Versailles-size apartments, and have the time of their lives. But when the secrets they thought they left behind come out, everything could be ruined...







Beautiful Americans was a beautifully engaging book. All of the teen’s characters were written really well. I could relate to this book because I have always wanted to study abroad, and by reading this, a little part of me was able to. All of the characters had their own spark and panache! I loved it! Alex was quick-witted and had attitude. Zach was adorable. He is possibly my favorite character. I loved reading his parts! Olivia was kind of an ok character to me. She was really my least favorite or my favorite. Penelope (or PJ) was a character I really liked. She was quiet and kind of mysterious. It made me sad that she was depressed a lot… for some reason, when reading a book… I like those sorts of characters.
Overall, I really liked this book. The characters were interesting and fun to read about, and it was a topic that I really enjoy!

3 comments:

Lucy said...

Hi Zoe! Thanks for the review. I am so glad you liked the book!!

Happy New Year!!
Lucy
www.lucysilag.com

Lauren said...

This sounds like a book I'd enjoy. Thanks for the heads up!

Erica said...

Thanks for the loverly review! This one sounds great.