Friday, March 15, 2013

Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett

Confessions of an Angry Girl (Confessions, #1)Rose Zarelli, self-proclaimed word geek and angry girl, has some confessions to make…
1. I'm livid all the time. Why? My dad died. My mom barely talks. My brother abandoned us. I think I'm allowed to be irate, don't you?
2. I make people furious regularly. Want an example? I kissed Jamie Forta, a badass guy who might be dating a cheerleader. She is now enraged and out for blood. Mine.
3. High school might as well be Mars. My best friend has been replaced by an alien, and I see red all the time. (Mars is red and "seeing red" means being angry—get it?)
Here are some other vocab words that describe my life: Inadequate. Insufferable. Intolerable.
(Don't know what they mean? Look them up yourself.)
(Sorry. That was rude.)

First off, let’s talk about this book cover. I love it. I have no idea why I like it so much, but I do. (I think it may be because the cover has a lot of white on it which makes it look… clean. I read Confessions of an Angry Girl awhile ago, but for some reason never reviewed it. However, I recently found myself rereading it- so I thought I should post a review. When I first picked up this book, I was weary of it since the main character is pretty young for a YA character (she’s 14, instead of the usual 15-18).

However, I loved Confessions of an Angry Girl. Rose was spunky, and I ended up liking her way more than I thought I would. At times, her snarky narrative added some comedic relief to the story. The comedic relief was definitely needed, since Rose’s narrative also got quite dark at times. I admit, I cried a few times while reading this.

Confessions of an Angry Girl is fantastic. It has spots of snark paired with patches of serious bits. Louise Rozett is an amazing writer. I can’t wait to read the second book in this series! Rose Zarelli captured my heart and mind, and I loved reading her story.

FTC- eGalley from Netgalley.

No comments: