Thursday, March 7, 2013

Beautiful Music for Ugly Children by Kristin Cronn-Mills

13221769"This is Beautiful Music for Ugly Children, on community radio 90.3, KZUK. I'm Gabe. Welcome to my show."
My birth name is Elizabeth, but I'm a guy. Gabe. My parents think I've gone crazy and the rest of the world is happy to agree with them, but I know I'm right. I've been a boy my whole life.
When you think about it, I'm like a record. Elizabeth is my A side, the song everybody knows, and Gabe is my B side--not heard as often, but just as good.
It's time to let my B side play.

This book was so good! It was the first book I had read after a long reading drought. Beautiful Music for Ugly Children was refreshing. It wasn’t a light book to read, but it was easy in the sense that getting into the story didn’t take much effort. I was immediately drawn to Gabe, and his heartfelt story. I was a little apprehensive about starting Beautiful Music for Ugly Children, but once I started it, I couldn’t put it down.

Kristin Cronn-Mills is a fantastic writer. She stunned me with her writing and characters. Gabe was amazing. He was an interesting, fearless, badass character who people should aspire to be like. I honestly wasn’t expecting to care for Gabe, along with all the other characters in this book, as much as I did.

Beautiful Music for Ugly Children is a must-read for everyone. There aren’t many books out there that are able to accomplish what this book accomplished. I have endless praise for Kristin Cronn-Mills. Her writing is beautiful, and this story is stunning.

FTC- Received at Summer ALA.

2 comments:

We Heart YA said...

Hm, very cool! We hadn't heard about this one at all, so thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Unknown said...

I am delighted to have found this post …That information is so helpful to us.

Best Female R&B Singers