Thursday, July 26, 2012

Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols

Such a Rush

A sexy and poignant romantic tale of a young daredevil pilot caught between two brothers.
High school senior Leah Jones loves nothing more than flying. While she’s in the air, it’s easy to forget life with her absentee mother at the low-rent end of a South Carolina beach town. When her flight instructor, Mr. Hall, hires her to fly for his banner advertising business, she sees it as her ticket out of the trailer park. And when he dies suddenly, she’s afraid her flying career is gone forever.    
But Mr. Hall’s teenage sons, golden boy Alec and adrenaline junkie Grayson, are determined to keep the banner planes flying. Though Leah has crushed on Grayson for years, she’s leery of getting involved in what now seems like a doomed business — until Grayson betrays her by digging up her most damning secret. Holding it over her head, he forces her to fly for secret reasons of his own, reasons involving Alec. Now Leah finds herself drawn into a battle between brothers — and the consequences could be deadly.

Jennifer Echols has done it again. Such a Rush blew me away. I read it last night (so I’m still kind of mesmerized by it), and it’s been hard to think about anything else. Anytime I read a book by Echols, I have high expectations, especially with her dramatic romances (instead of her romantic comedies).

From the very first page, Such a Rush caught my attention. The story demands that you listen to it, and the characters draw you in. Leah was such a strong character, that I couldn’t help but love her. She comes from a difficult background, but is able to break free of what’s holding her back and start doing what she wants to do. Leah, though sometimes clueless, is a really admirable character. And then there’s Alec and Grayson. Alec is the more adorable character ever. He’s understanding, comforting, and a great guy. Grayson however, is the mysterious, smooth, adrenaline-junkie. The chemistry between all the character is electric, but specifically between Grayson and Leah. I loved how their relationship didn’t feel like insta-love. It felt real.

The writing in Such a Rush is so poetic, and I really loved it. The characters were amazing, as always. Such a Rush is my new favorite Jennifer Echols book. It is so good. You should read this book as soon as possible.

FTC- Bought.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't actually read anything by Jennifer Echols, but I was eying Such A Rush - I'm glad you really liked it! Good chemistry between love interests is always a good thing :)

Misa
Skyway Avenue Reads

Krystianna said...

This one sounds so good! I can't wait to read it. I haven't read any Jennifer Echols books, but they seem like nice summer reads. Thanks for the review. :)

linda said...

I love the cover, and it sounds like the plot doesn't disappoint. (How many stories of female pilots have you read?)
Teens Writing For Teens