Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Living Violet by Jaime Reed

imageHe's persuasive, charming, and way too mysterious. And for Samara Marshall, her co-worker is everything she wants most--and everything she most fears. . .
Samara Marshall is determined to make the summer before her senior year the best ever. Her plan: enjoy downtime with friends and work to save up cash for her dream car. Summer romance is not on her to-do list, but uncovering the truth about her flirtatious co-worker, Caleb Baker, is. From the peculiar glow to his eyes to the unfortunate events that befall the girls who pine after him, Samara is the only one to sense danger behind his smile.
But Caleb's secrets are drawing Samara into a world where the laws of attraction are a means of survival. And as a sinister power closes in on those she loves, Samara must take a risk that will change her life forever. . .or consume it.

I was surprised by how much I liked Living Violet. When I read that it was a paranormal romance, I was weary of how much I would like it. Luckily, I had nothing to worry about. Living Violet was a quick-witted, dramatic, comedic book that I couldn’t stop reading.

In the beginning, Living Violet seemed like it was going the stereotypical-route. Luckily, it didn’t. Samara was a hilarious character who I could totally relate to. From the very first chapter, I could relate to her opinions on the bookstore and its various patrons. I wasn’t a big fan of Caleb, though. From the very beginning he put a sour taste in my mouth and I couldn’t get it out.

Living Violet, though it isn’t on my list of favorites, is still a really good book. It’s well written and addicting. I can’t wait to read the next novel in The Cambion Chronicles. Jaime Reed is an author to watch!

FTC- Received for review.

No comments: