Saturday, December 20, 2008

WAKE by Lisa McMann


First of all, sorry for not reviewing books a lot recently. Second of all, most of the books I will be reviewing are books I have read a few months ago and loved them so much I wanted them to be reviewed. So, lets get this show on the road, shall we. Okay.


For seventeen-year-old Janie, getting sucked into other people's dreams is getting old. Especially the falling dreams, the naked-but-nobody-notices dreams, and the sex-crazed dreams. Janie's seen enough fantasy booty to last her a lifetime.

She can't tell anybody about what she does -- they'd never believe her, or worse, they'd think she's a freak. So Janie lives on the fringe, cursed with an ability she doesn't want and can't control.

Then she falls into a gruesome nightmare, one that chills her to the bone. For the first time, Janie is more than a witness to someone else's twisted psyche. She is a participant....




I originally was going to return this book to the library before reading it, because I wasn't really interested in reading this "type" of YA book at the time. But some very wonderful reviewers convinced me otherwise. And boy am I glad they did. Lisa McMann wrote a wonderful book. After reading it, I actually didn't want to put it in my "To be Reviewed" pile, because I was afraid I might want to re-read it in the middle of the night. But, here I am reviewing this book, for the sake of my book blog. So...yea... back to reviewing. I loved this book and most of its characters, and let me just say, what you find out towards the end is truly "golden". Like many others, I recommend this book heavily and I am looking forward to the release of FADE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you liked this book! I can't wait for FADE!

Em said...

I'm definitely looking forward to FADE. This had a really cool plot.