Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Just a Few Rants...

So, the title explains it all. Its time for some good ole' fashioned ranting of literary sorts! You can read, or you can not read (if you choose), but I WILL take my thoughts and put them onto theoretical paper!!! SO, let rant #1 begin:

RANT #1 - Book Banning

This is a topic I "love" to discuss, because I am very opinionated when it comes to book banning of any sorts. My first opinion is that anybody who tries to ban books are evil people who are against "freedom of speech" which is wrong. My second opinion is that parents who decide what their kids can or cannot read are not doing their children good, they are harming them. But on the other hand, I do believe that five year olds shouldn't read certain books. Like I personally don't think certain age groups shouldn't go around reading "risky" books. But, once you reach I certain age and maturity I believe that people have the right and the knowledge to choose which books they read or don't read. For example, almost all of the books I read are aimed for an older audience. One of my friends and I both have "mature" reading senses and are slightly more "mature" than other people we know and we can choose what books we can or cannot handle. Many people probably think we shouldn't be reading Looking for Alaska or many of the other YA Books out there. But, we both have, and we lived. We both worship John's books and many other authors books. It doesn't matter what age you are or what grade your in; it matters weather you can handle it.

Okay, finishing these rants when you wake up on the day before Christmas isn't working so...Happy Holidays! And, after I clean my room and be lazy for a bit I will probably post some reviews! BYE!

Happy Holidays Everyone!