Thursday, April 25, 2013

Nobody But Us by Kristin Halbrook

Nobody But UsWill
Maybe I'm too late. Maybe Zoe's dad stole all her fifteen years and taught her to be scared. I'll undo it. Help her learn to be strong again, and brave. Not that I'm any kind of example, but we can learn together.
When the whole world is after you, sometimes it seems like you can't run fast enough.
Zoe
Maybe it'll take Will years to come to terms with being abandoned. Maybe it'll take forever. I'll stay with him no matter how long it takes to prove that people don't always leave, don't always give up on you.
 

I kept hearing people (especially people who’s book opinion I trust) rave about Nobody But Us. So I finally decided to go get myself a copy. Now I completely understand what all the hype was about. Kristin Halbrook is a fantastic writer. Nobody Byt Us captured me immediately.

I felt for Zoe (and not just because we have the same first name). She was put into a horrible situation, and I admire her for staying strong and getting away from the toxic environment she was in. Though I never completely felt supportive of her running away with Will, it was definitely the wiser of her two choices. Will was great. I wouldn’t say he’s one of my favorite book boys, but he was super sweet.

The reason I liked Nobody But Us so much was the ending. I’m not going to say anything specific about it, because I don’t want to spoil anything. But I will say that it stuck in my mind for days after I had finished reading the book. Nobody But Us was awesome. I liked it a lot and I grew to feel for the characters. Though it probably won’t be a reread for me, I do recommend it. Halbrook is an amazing author, who excels when it comes to writing meaningful stories that you won’t forget.

FTC- Bought.

No comments: