Thursday, December 2, 2010

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins


Anna was looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris — until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all . . . including a serious girlfriend. But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss? Stephanie Perkins keeps the romantic tension crackling and the attraction high in a debut guaranteed to make toes tingle and hearts melt.

This book is stunning. Actually, stunning doesn’t even begin to describe how much I loved it. It’s characters are magical and the story is enchanting. While I was reading it, I was speaking to the book*. St. Clair is the perfect guy character. Never in my life, have I wanted to meet a book character so much. Many people might not want to read this book because of the “French Kiss” part of the title. To those people I say, if you don’t read this book… you are missing out on a book that is beyond amazing.
YA Romance books (in my opinion) have been getting a bit forgettable, and it’s hard to find a good one that isn’t paranormal. Look no further! This is the perfect YA Romance. It is unforgettable, realistic, and fun to read. This book weaved in realistic topics in a way that seems natural. The issues don’t slap you in the face and at the same time, they aren’t nonexistent. Within the first chapter, I was laughing my head off. The humor is awesome!
The characters in this book aren’t perfect. Which is why I love them so much. Anna is believable, while I was reading I continuously thought to myself “Wow, I would love to be friends with her.”. St. Clair is just, wow. He is real and vibrant and messed up and gorgeous**.
As you can tell by this review, I loved Anna and the French Kiss. Stephanie Perkins wrote one of the best Young Adult books that has hit the shelves this year. I can’t recommend this book to enough people. It is simply amazing.

*My parents thought I was crazy.
** Can you tell I’m a fan of St. Clair?



FTC- Received from publisher.

1 comment:

We Heart YA said...

AAHHH I couldn't agree more!! Anna and the French Kiss really blew me away, not just for the tingle-inducing love story, but because every single character (well, okay, except Anna's dad, but he was amusing) felt so real. I felt like Anna's friends could be my friends, you know? And Etienne... oh, if only!

Great review, and great taste. ;)