Friday, November 12, 2010

You by Charles Benoit


This wasn't the way it was supposed to go.

You're just a typical fifteen-year-old sophomore, an average guy named Kyle Chase. This can't be happening to you. But then, how do you explain all the blood? How do you explain how you got here in the first place?

There had to have been signs, had to have been some clues it was coming. Did you miss them, or ignore them?

Maybe if you can figure out where it all went wrong, you can still make it right. Or is it already too late?

Think fast, Kyle. Time's running out. How did this happen?


YOU is a book that will leave you breathless. While I was reading it, I wanted to stop reading but at the same time I couldn't stop reading because I was so interested. The first sentences of YOU are-

“You’re surprised at all the blood. He looks over at you, eyes wide, mouth dropping open, his face almost as white as his shirt. He’s surprised, too.”

How can you not be captured after those lines? You are a 15 year-old boy. Just an average 15 year-old boy. I have to admit, when I was first reading this, the average was kind of boring. But then I realized just how real it made the book. Kyle is just a normal teen. He is an awkward, self-conscious kid that I think a lot of people can relate to.

This book is told as if it were your life, which can be really scary. A lot of people read books to escape, and YOU doesn't allow you to.

Everyone should read this book. Teen girls, teen boys, adult girls, and adult boys. Basically, if you are old enough to where you can read a descent sized book, you should read YOU.

FTC- Received for review.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Like I didn't want this book so bad already. Great review, short and to the point. I really need to grab this next time I'm at a bookstore.