Thursday, March 25, 2010

Controversy: Posting Bad Reviews

I came home from school today and saw a few posts in my reader about a topic in book blogging thats been coming up lately. This topic is posting bad reviews. There are two wonderful posts that I found. The first one is written by The Story Siren, which you can find here. The other one is written by Wastepaper Prose, and you can find it here.


These two posts explain whats going on with the whole thing. I agree whole-heartedly with both of them. There are plenty of books that I've read and not liked, and not reviewed. There are however, books that I've reviewed and disliked. It honestly depends on the books.

Most positive reviews that I post are posted because the books have made some impact on me. There are also a lot of books I have yet to read and review. But, let's be straight forward here... the books that I'm most interested in I read first. It's a force of habit. If there is a book that comes out in two months that Im really excited about and a book that comes out in one month that I'm on edge about... I'm going to read the one that I'm most excited about. I know it's not right, but I'm human.


Currently reading- Likely Story *series* by David Van Etten

Currently listening to- Owl City

3 comments:

Shalonda said...

Well said. I do not think that a blogger must post negative reviews in order to be taken seriously. I commend you for knowing what type of books you like and spending your time enjoying those, rather than seeking out books that you can give bad reviews of (I honestly think some bloggers do this, which is why many reviews start out with..."I didn't think I'd like it", or "this is not my kind of book." What a waste!).

love-up-you said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

2015-10-22 xiaozhengm
hollister uk sale
Authentic Louis Vuitton Handbags Cheap Sale
toms outlet
abercrombie and fitch
michael kors uk
ugg boots on sale
timberland boots for men
Air Jordan 6 Cigar
mont blanc pens
ralph lauren uk
louis vuitton handbags
ralph lauren uk
michael kors handbags
Louis Vuitton Outlet Quality Handbags
Canada Goose,Canada Goose Outlet,Canada Goose Jackets,Canada Goose Sale
canada goose jackets
louis vuitton outlet stores
michael kors outlet
coach factory outlet
Abercrombie & Fitch Kids Clothing
jordans for sale
nike free run 2,nike free runs,nikes,nike air max 95,nike high tops,air force 1,nike pegasus
toms
louis vuitton handbags
Toms Shoes Sale Clearance
louis vuitton outlet stores
Louis Vuitton Outlet Quality Handbags
Louis Vuitton Neverfull GM Monogram
toms
ugg sale
abercrombie and fitch
canada goose outlet
Toms Shoes Sale Clearance
michael kors outlet stores
Louis Vuitton Outlet Factory Online