Friday, October 16, 2009

Secret Society by Tom Dolby


An eccentric new girl. A brooding socialite. The scion of one of New York’s wealthiest families. A promising filmmaker. As students at the exclusive Chadwick School, Phoebe, Lauren, Nick, and Patch already live in a world most teenagers only dream about. They didn’t ask to be Society members. But when three of them receive a mysterious text message promising success and fame beyond belief, they say yes to everything. Even to the harrowing initiation ceremony in a gritty warehouse downtown, and to the ankh-shaped tattoo they’re forced to get on the nape of their necks. Once they’re part of the Society, things begin falling into place for them. Week after week, their ambitions are fulfilled. It’s all perfect—until a body is found in Central Park with no distinguishing marks except for an ankh-shaped tattoo.


Secret Society was a really umm.... interesting? book. I didn't love it. But it was pretty good. This was Tom Dolby's first YA book and I think he did pretty good writing it.
Some high points of Mr.Dolby's writing was that I couldn't stop reading this book. It was really addicting!
Come low points of this book were that it wasn't very well planned. It was pretty predictable too.
But, if you are looking for a book that will keep you reading and is secretive, I recommend this.
I am look forward to Tom Dolby's up and coming YA books.


* I received this book from Harper Teen Publishing

1 comment:

Debbie's World of Books said...

I agree it was predictable and it was just too slow moving for me. I loved the whole premise though so I may check out his others books.