Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Blood Lie Tour: Multi-Character Interview

Today I got to interview the characters from The Blood Lie by Shirley Reva Vernick. I hope you enjoy!

1. What is your greatest achievement?

Shirley: Raising two fabulous children.

Jack Pool: Scoring an audition at one of the best music schools around. Of course, it won’t mean anything if I don’t make it in. And with what’s going on here tonight, I don’t know if I’ll even make it to the audition.

Emaline Durham: Achievement? How can I think about accomplishments when I’m partly responsible for my baby sister’s disappearance?

2. What is your favorite song?

Shirley: “Suite: Judy Blue Eyes” – Crosby, Stills & Nash

Jack Pool: “Ain't Misbehavin’ ” – Fats Waller / Louis Armstrong

Emaline Durham: “It Had To Be You” – Isham Jones/Marion Harris

3. Who is closest to you?

Shirley: My immediate family.

Jack: Emaline. Without question. But life would be a whole lot easier if it were someone I could be seen with in public.

Emaline: Jack. I love him. But after tonight, I wonder if he’ll even want to speak to me again.

4. How would you describe your life in 5 words or less?

Shirley: happy, surprising, simple, fulfilling

Jack: miserable, ominous, alone

Emaline: heartbroken, grief-stricken, regretful

5. How old are you?

Shirley: Old enough to vote and too young to collect Social Security.

Jack: I turned 16 today. When I got up this morning, I thought it was going to be a great one. Fat chance.

Emaline: Fifteen, but today I feel ancient.

6. What is your favorite item that you own?

Shirley: My iPod. I’m practically a cyborg, it’s so attached to me.

Jack: My cello.

Emaline: My father’s high school ring. But I’d trade it in a heartbeat for some news about my sister.

No comments: