Monday, December 13, 2010

Entice by Carrie Jones


Zara and Nick are soul mates, meant to be together forever. But that's not quite how things have worked out.

For starters, well, Nick is dead. Supposedly, he's been taken to a mythic place for warriors known as Valhalla, so Zara and her friends might be able to get him back. But it's taking time, and meanwhile a group of evil pixies is devastating Bedford, with more teens going missing every day. An all-out war seems imminent, and the good guys need all the warriors they can find. But how to get to Valhalla?

And even if Zara and her friends discover the way, there's that other small problem: Zara's been pixie kissed. When she finds Nick, will he even want to go with her? Especially since she hasn't just turned. She's Astley's queen.


Entice, like the previous books in the Need series, was incredibly addicting. Carrie Jones can combine paranormal and action flawlessly. Sometimes the way that Zara acted was incredibly annoying. Something that Entice is nearly driven by, was the love triangle. In this book, Zara is caught between the amazingly-sleek and kind Astley and the dependable and charming Nick.
Carrie Jones has written a lovely novel that is sure to impress fans of the series. I can’t wait until the next book (I really hope there will be more). Entice has some minor flaws but when it comes down to it, I love this book. I was sucked in from the very beginning and tried to read it at every possible moment. I highly recommend Need, Captivate, and Entice to Young Adult readers everywhere. You won’t regret reading it.

FTC- Publisher.

4 comments:

Alex Bennett from Electrifying Reviews said...

I'll have to check this series out ASAP. For some reason, the only book I have is a hardcover of Captivate. Working on getting the first book. Great review!

Jessy said...

I have to say, I liked Nick but since Astley got introduced I'm like, Nick who!! Thanks for the review.

Zoe said...

Alex- You MUST read this series.

Jessy- I'm turning Team Astley, I think.

Anonymous said...

Buy The book!! Obedience over Sacrifice, "Thinking Over a decade" NOW Available>>>http://www.facebook.com/pages/Obedience-Over-Sacrifice-Book-Club/265046571518?v=app_135607783795&ref=ts