Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Little Black Lies by Tish Cohen


Sara Black is tiptoeing across a fraying tightrope. As the new eleventh grader at Anton High – the most elite public school in the country – she sticks out like an old VW bus in a parking lot full of shiny BMWs. But being the new kid also brings a certain advantageous anonymity. In Anton High’s world of privilege, intelligence, and wealth, Sara can escape her family’s tarnished past and become whomever she wants. And what’s the harm in telling a few little black lies when it can lead to popularity? That is, until another it girl at Anton becomes jealous of Sara’s social climbing. With her balance evaporating, one small push could bring Sara crashing down.

He he he... I really enjoyed this book. It took my awhile to read, but not because it wasn't good.* I actually couldn't stop reading it. This book contributed to some sleep deprived nights, because all I did was read it. And after I finished reading it, I wanted to read it again.
Though, I am clearly fangirling. I didn't really like how there was so much suspense with the romance. While I was reading, I would constantly text Sarah from Sarah's Random Musings** and be like "When is there gonna be a love interest?". I did this over and over again.
But over all, I think many teens and even non-teens will enjoy this book. I totally want to buy it when I get some money because I have a feeling it is something I will want to read over and over!


* School has been eating my life, I am sorry. NaNo has also been eating my life, but not as much.
** Sarah lent me the book. THANK YOU SARAHBEAR!