Sunday, November 22, 2009

An Interview with Rhonda Stapleton


So, I recently got to send Rhonda Stapleton, the author of the upcoming book Stupid Cupid, a few questions.



1. How did you get the idea for Stupid Cupid?
I knew I wanted to write a story about a teen who had a super unusual job. And I got the idea that it would be funny to have a teen be a cupid. But not THE cupid...one of many! While brainstorming with my friends, we decided she should use technology to do her matchmaking. And bingo, the books were born!

2. The covers for the Stupid Cupid series books are adorable! Did you have a say in what they looked like and what is your opinion on them?
I love, love, love the covers. They are fun and perfect for my stories! I did describe to them what I felt Felicity looked like. They ran with it and gave me those awesome covers. :D

3. What were your thoughts when you first found out you were going to be published?
First, I cried, right into the manpanion's shirt. LOL. I was hugely shocked when I found out it had passed acquisition. Then, I called, like, every person I knew and cried into the phone with them. haha. It was an AWESOME day. My biggest thought was, "I did it!" I had worked SO hard to get there, and it was a relief and the best feeling of joy to know I made it.

4. Is there anything you would like to add?
I can't think of anything. LOL. Are there any other Qs you want to ask?

2 comments:

Ellz said...

Great interview. I will be mentioning it on my Wed newz post. The books sounds great!

Elie (Ellz Readz)

in which a girl reads said...

Nice interview!

Stupid Cupid sounds great--can't wait until it's released! :)