Friday, June 14, 2013

All I Need by Susane Colasanti

All I NeedThe last night of summer is only the beginning.
Skye wants to meet the boy who will change her life forever. Seth feels their instant connection the second he sees her. When Seth starts talking to Skye at the last beach party of the summer, it’s obvious to both of them that this is something real. But when Seth leaves for college before they exchange contact info, Skye wonders if he felt the same way she did—and if she will ever see him again. Even if they find their way back to each other, can they make a long-distance relationship work despite trust issues, ex drama, and some serious background differences?

Susane Colasanti is one of those writers who, when their books come out, I run to the nearest bookstore and buy a copy. Her writing is always the perfect summer read. Because of this, I had super high expectations for All I Need. Unsurprisingly, those expectations were more than met.

Though All I Need deals with a little bit of heavier issues, they don’t bog down the story. In terms of characters, Seth seemed more developed. He was the character that really stood out to me. Skye was a fantastic main character, but she didn’t really have “it” to me. Seth, however, made up for what Skye lacked. That being said, their chemistry was spot on. I liked how each character had their own problems, and their point in the story wasn’t just to fall in love with each other. There was other stuff going on.

All I Need is the perfect summery read. It’s a light, charming read that will make you glow in the light of Skye and Seth’s romance. Though this isn’t my favorite of Colasanti’s work, it is definitely well written. I recommend this for people looking for a light, summer romance.

FTC- Received for review.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really need to get around to reading this. I bought it but have yet to go further than that!

Thanks for the review Zoe!!

Amber @Paradise of Pages