Thursday, March 8, 2012

Where It Began Tour: Interview with Andy


Where It Began by Anne Redisch Stampler hits shelves on March 5th. I recently had the chance to interview one of the characters in the book, Andy. I hope you enjoy the interview!
1. What is your favorite thing about Andie?
Andie is my perfect person. Can my favorite thing be that she’s perfect?
Because if perfect can’t be the one favorite thing, here’s the list:
She’s beautiful, she’s sweet, she loves me, she’s someone you can always trust, and she’s always super-positive, which, when you think about everything she’s gone through with her mother, shows you how strong she is. Anyone who can’t tell what a good person she is, they’re twisted.
2. What did you think of Gabby when you first met her?
She was kind of quiet, but she seemed pretty nice. A little nervous, maybe? And this girl was so into Billy, he was getting off on it. How into him she was. The thing is, we didn’t know her. That’s what was surprising. Billy was usually with somebody we knew, one of the Muffins, someone like that.
And then this book comes out. Makes you wish she’d stayed quiet.
3. Is it weird being talked about in a book?
It’s worse than weird, it sucks. At least she thought I was smart and a good boyfriend, so great, there were two decent things about me. Which is better than Andie made out – a congenital idiot? Although Andie still says they’re still friends – does that tell you how nice she is? (Andie, not Gabby.)
I’m not saying I’m proud of what happened. Who would be proud of that? But it would have been nice if she’d changed our names.
4. What is your biggest fear?
Being alone. Isn’t this everyone’s biggest fear? Have you ever seen Donnie Darko?
5. Describe your life (so far) in 4 words or less.
We’re already doing adjective lists for college apps, so I’ve got this one covered. Bragging with a twist is what you’re supposed to go for. So here it is: smart, athletic, energetic, romantic.

No comments: