Tuesday, May 3, 2011

So Much Closer by Susane Colasanti


Scott Abrams is the love of Brooke's life. He just doesn't know it yet. So when his family moves to New York City the summer before senior year, Brooke has no choice but to follow Scott. It's her last chance to prove to him that they're meant to be together. What will Brooke do when her biggest dream finally comes true, but instead she wants something more?

Susane Colasanti has done it again! All of Colasanti’s books are lyrical and lovely, So Much Closer follows this pattern. All of Susane’s books are full of un-realistic concepts of love that are flawed, but I love them so so much. Yes, what Brooke did in this book was really unrealistic, but did I love every minute of reading about it? Yes. Yes. Yes. A thousand time yes.
The thing about Susane Colasanti’s writing is that she has the teenage voice down. Even though I rarely have something in common with one of her characters, I can always relate to them because reading about there lives is like being in a conversation with one of my friends.
It seemed like Susane could have spent more time developing So Much Closer and the characters in it. This isn’t my favorite book by her, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. Susane Colasanti knows how to capture teen hearts everywhere. I can’t wait for her next book!


FTC- Publisher.

No comments: