Monday, May 10, 2010

After the Kiss by Terra Elan McVoy


This moment changes everything. Becca has been head-over-heels for Alec from the instant they met. He's a brainy jock with a poet's heart—in other words, perfect for her. Camille is careful with her words and protective of her heart, especially since Chicago. Then a new boy in her new town catches her off guard with a surprise kiss. Too bad that new boy is Becca's boyfriend, Alec. Camille and Becca have never met, but their lives will unravel and intertwine in surprising ways as they deal with what happens after the kiss.


This book is written in verse really well. Books that are written in form aren't usually on my mythological list of good books. I find them hard to read and quite confusing. Terra Elan McVoy proved me wrong. I couldn't stop reading After the Kiss, I read it into the wee hours of the night. The alternating points of view added a lot of depth to the story, which I enjoyed. I liked After the Kiss a lot and I hope you will too. It was simply amazing!

1 comment:

YA Book Queen said...

Sounds like a sweet book! I'm not much of a verse fan, but this one sounds cute :)