Sunday, August 23, 2009

MeMe's!

I found this on Khy's blog, and thought it would be fun to do!



Hardback, trade paperback or mass market paperback?

Trade Paperback. They are cheaper than hardback and easier to read than mass market paperbacks. Hardbacks cost more money and I usually only get them if I must must must get the book. Mass Market Paperbacks are so small! I don't really like that. The look mini next to my hardbacks and trade paperbacks, which doesn't look very nice.

Barnes & Noble or Borders?

I go to Barnes and Nobles more, but I really don't have a preference.

Bookmark or dog-ear?

Bookmark! I don't remember ever using dog-ear as a way to mark pages. I don't get why someone would want to, but thats just my opinion.

Amazon or brick-and-mortar?

Brick and Mortar. I admit, I LOVE looking at books. I could spend hours in one spot just looking at books. It's a horrible obsession. On the bright side, I am always entertained when Im bored!

Alphabetize by author, or alphabetize by title, or random?

I organize my books by how much I like them. So, the first two authors on my bookshelf are John Green and David Levithan. (Because they are AMAZING)

Keep, throw away, or sell?

I am a book pack-rat. So, I rarely give away books, I almost always keep them. But, when I do give them away, I give at least 1 box full away.

Keep dust jacket or toss it?

KEEP! Dust Jackets are almost always pretty.

Read with dust jacket or remove it?

I remove it, because I don't want it getting banged up when Im reading the book.

Short story or novel?

Novel. Short Stories are always so... short...

Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket?

I have never actually read Lemony Snicket. So, I would have to say Harry Potter. HP was the series that made me want to read.

Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks?

Chapter breaks. It's easier and I remember the book better.

“It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”?

Dark and Stormy! They almost always seem more interesting.

Buy or borrow?

Despite the fact that I borrow books a lot, I would rather buy them.

Buying choice: book reviews, recommendations, or browse?

All 3. If I see a book that I keep hearing good things about, I will probably read it.

Tidy ending or cliffhanger?

Either way. I love both!

Morning reading, afternoon reading, or nighttime reading?

I only morning-read in extreme cases. There have been some books where I will read it 24/7. I finish my homework and I read it. I wake up and I read it. I sometimes read in the afternoon. But, I usually read at nighttime. Its quiet.

Stand-alone or series?

Stand-alone, unless its the type of book where you just want MORE.

Favorite series?

It is way too hard to decide. Harry Potter, maybe? I don't know.


Favorite children’s book?

I loved anything by Dr. Suess.

Favorite YA book?

YOU ARE TRYING TO MAKE ME CHOOSE!?
Anything by John Green, David Levithan, Maureen Johnson, Markus Zusak, Lauren Myracle, Scott Westerfeld, Sarah Dessen, Lisa McMann.
Some of the un-released books that I LOVED are Beautiful Creatures (December 2009), Hate List (September 2009), The Naughty List (February 2010).

Favorite book of which nobody else has heard?

Oh, wow. I don't know. A lot of the books I read I talk about with other people.

Favorite books read last year?

Once again, I don't know. Last year was the year I crashed head first into the book communtiy. So I read a lot of amazing books. All the authors I listed under the favorite YA Book question, I read last year. I think my top four are Paper Towns and Looking for Alaska by John Green and Boy Meets Boy and Wide Awake by David Levithan.

Favorite books of all time?

TRICK QUESTIONS! All the books I previously mentioned. Harry Potter because I can re-read them and never gt bored.

What are you reading right now?

Uhhh.... many many books. Some are:

Dani Noir by Nova Ren Suma
Dark of the Moon by Rachel Hawthorne

What are you reading next?

My TBR pile is pretty big, so I don't know.

Favorite book to recommend to an 11-year-old?

HARRY POTTER. Seeing as I was 11 approximetly 2 years ago, when I didn't read a lot. I don't really know. But, if they haven't read Harry Potter, they should totally read it!

Favorite book to re-read?

Looking for Alaska by John Green. I have to get a new copy because I have re-read it so many times.

Do you ever smell books?

Possibly...
I mean, how can you not smell books? New books smell good and old books smell this really cool smell in which you know its an old book.
*Hopefully, you don't think I'm weird*

Do you ever read primary source documents like letters or diaries?

No.

---

Which book do you irrationally cringe away from reading, despite seeing only positive reviews?
Ooo. Good question. The Vampire Academy books. I have the first 3. And I want to read them, but for some reason I never have.


If you could bring three characters to life for a social event (afternoon tea, a night of clubbing, perhaps a world cruise), who would they be and what would the event be?
Remus Lupin from Harry Potter! (hehe. I like werewolves, they are awesome) Wes from The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen. (I would love to see his art and he seems like an interesting person) Alaska Young from Looking for Alaska. (So many reasons, but no real reasons. I imagine it would be a strange/weird/exciting experiance to meet her)

(Borrowing shamelessly from the Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde): you are told you can’t die until you read the most boring novel on the planet. While this immortality is great for awhile, eventually you realize it’s past time to die. Which book would you expect to get you a nice grave?
Books I read in school! Yes, I know a lot of people would probably say that. But, though there were some books I liked, there were a lot that I fell asleep during.

Come on, we’ve all been there. Which book have you pretended, or at least hinted, that you’ve read, when in fact you’ve been nowhere near it?
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. In History last year, I did a report/presention where I had to "be" Jane Austen. As much as I wanted to read Pride and Prejudice, I didn't. Everyone in my class assumed I read it.

As an addition to the last question, has there been a book that you really thought you had read, only to realise when you read a review about it/go to ‘reread’ it that you haven’t? Which book?
I don't think so.

You’re interviewing for the post of Official Book Advisor to some VIP (who’s not a big reader). What’s the first book you’d recommend and why? (If you feel like you’d have to know the person, go ahead and personalize the VIP.)
It's hard to recomend a book to someone you don't know well. But I think a lot of people generally like vampire books. So maybe something paranormal?

A good fairy comes and grants you one wish: you will have perfect reading comprehension in the foreign language of your choice. Which language do you go with?
Hmm. I don't know. Some ancient language. I would love to go to a different country and be able to read some ancient artifacts with writing on them. Sanskrit? Arabic? French? I don't know. There are so many languages!

A mischievious fairy comes and says that you must choose one book that you will reread once a year for the rest of your life (you can read other books as well). Which book would you pick?
Looking for Alaska by John Green. I will never get tired of that book.

That good fairy is back for one final visit. Now, she’s granting you your dream library! Describe it. Is everything leatherbound? Is it full of first edition hardcovers? Pristine trade paperbacks? Perhaps a few favourite authors have inscribed their works? Go ahead—let your imagination run free.
First of all, there would be my favorite authors coming in at least once a week for reading and signings and other sorts of bookish gatherings.
It would be organized by my own special organize system (Which, believe me, if very confusing. Re-Organizing my books is STRESSFUL). All an authors books would be together.
There would be a state of the art sound system. Because, when taking a break from reading, dance parties are always fun.
One side would have a fairly big window (with a good view) next to a huge compfy couch (Yes, light hurts to look at, but I like sitting on couches next to a sunny window and reading.
There would be multiple computers around. (Complete with TweetDeck, Skype, and other awesome programs.)
It would also have posters displaying pictures from my favorite musicals. (RENT, Spring Awakening. Yay!)
And, lastly...
It would also have a great big fire-place. And plenty of comfortable chairs and couches.

No comments: