Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Marvin K. Mooney WIll You Please Go Now by Dr. Suess


I decided, spur of the moment, to review a children's book. I don't know why I am reviewing a children's book, and it probably won't be very review-esque, and I beg you to forgive me.
So, this is one of my favorite children's books, and I got it from when my older brother was younger. Lets just start off by saying, yes, Dr.Suess wasn't the best and most thoughtful poet ever, but he was a good poet. And you have to admit that getting children to like poetry is really hard for most people, but Dr.Suess did that. By rhyming bike and like (for example), he makes it so the child or whoever is reading the book doesn't have to think about the amazing depths of the poem. The just have to remember the objective; getting Marvin K. Mooney to go NOW! This, along with other Dr. Suess books changed my life as a little kid. They were probably some of the first books I liked.
So, sorry if this wasn't a "worth-while" review,and it was horrible, but I just wanted to get this out there. Thanks for reading.


Silence is silver, but Books are golden...