Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Son of the Mob by Gordon Kormon


Most kids have to worry about acne, studying, and trying to find a way to get a car -- high school isn't an easy time for anybody! But what do you do if you've not only got to worry about high school, but a father who is a mobster, as well? Trust me, complicated doesn't even begin to cover it!

Vince Luca is as straight as they come, a positive throwback in a family of mobsters. He and his dad get along great, when his father is able to keep the family business away from the family ... unfortunately, that isn't an easy thing to do! So Vince is actually sort of used to having to worry about the police and the FBI causing him minor inconveniences.

But it isn't the worry of mobsters showing up at his school, or teachers afraid to give him low marks for fear of a contract being put out on them that causes Vince the most headaches, but trying to figure out how to keep the Feds out of his lovelife, especially when the girl he wants to date is the Daughter of the FBI!



Normally I wouldn't read this book out of choice, but I didn't have anything to read at the time, so I went out to the library and came back with this. I heard heard that this was a good book from some friends in my class earlier in the year.
As I made my way throught this book, I found myself liking it. Though it was from a guy's point of view. I found it empowering. Vince makes a really cool journey, and it was really really well written.

I found that I couldn't stop reading this book, sure it wasn't my type of thing. Sure I had no previous intention of reading it. But it was really good. I think if you like action mixed with a bit of drama. You should read this.

No comments: